Training and Employment Support Services for Persons with Disabilities
|Record #: HDC3251||Last Modified: 03 Jul 2018||Last Full Update: 03 Jul 2018|
|Mailing Address||PO Box 6000
Fredericton, NB E3B 5H1
|Description & Services|
|Description of service(s)||The Training and Employment Support Services (TESS) component of Employment Services Program provides supports to case managed New-Brunswickers who have a permanent physical, intellectual, psychiatric, cognitive, or sensory disability to participate in training and/or employment opportunities.
The objectives of TESS are as follows: To reduce and/or remove the impact of a person’s disability in order to:
- Assist the person with a disability to participate in training; and/or
- Assist the person with a disability to obtain, to resume employment when it has been interrupted, and/or to maintain employment.
|Areas Served||New Brunswick|
|Eligibility||Ages: 16 year(s) and up|
|Application||A participant must:
The person must have an active employment action plan.
The employment action plan must:
- Have been developed with a PETL Employment Counselor or a Referral Agent recognized by PETL prior to the start of the training or employment; and
- Have an attainable goal with identified interventions;
- Identify the person’s ability.
The person must be able to legally work in Canada. The person must be a resident of New Brunswick or a resident of a First Nation Community in New Brunswick. The person must be:
- A high school graduate; or
- A high school student during part time or summer employment
|Located In Community||Fredericton|
|Address & Map||
300 St Mary's St, 3rd Floor
Fredericton, NB E3A 2S4
View Google Map
|Accessibility||Fully Accessible ; ***Note that accessibility is self-reported. Please contact the organization before arrival***|
|Service Categories||Comprehensive Disability Related Employment Programs|