211 is now available in New Brunswick!

211 is a free, confidential service that connects people to critical social and community support. It helps people navigate the complex network of government and community programs and services quickly to find what they need for their unique situation. Need help? Dial 211.

This website will no longer be available after November 29, 2021. Please visit nb.211.ca

Canada. Foreign Affairs

Passport Canada

Contact Information
Toll Free Phone 1-800-567-6868
TTY Phone 1-866-255-7655
Crisis Phone If you are out of Canada and the USA: 819-997-8338
Website www.cic.gc.ca/english/passport/
Mailing Address c/o Passport Program 
Gatineau, QC 
Canada K1A 1L2
Description & Services
Description of service(s) If you were born in Canada, provide one (1) of the following: 
Canadian birth certificate issued by the province or territory where you were born (some exceptions apply) 
For a child application, a detailed (long-form) birth certificate issued by a Canadian provincial or territorial vital statistics office that indicates the name of the parent(s) or another accepted proof of parentage document along with the birth certificate must be provided. Some exceptions apply; read more about proof of parentage.  
Certificate of citizenship issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada 
If you were born outside of Canada, provide one (1) of the following documents issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada: 
Certificate of citizenship 
Certificate of naturalization 
Certificate of retention of Canadian citizenship 
Certificate of registration of birth abroad 
For a child application, the child's foreign birth certificate that indicates the name of the parent(s) or another accepted proof of parentage document must also be provided. Some exceptions apply; read more about proof of parentage.  
The following documents are also accepted as proof of Canadian citizenship: New Brunswick—a certified extract of a registration document issued by the Province of New Brunswick in cases where the name of the bearer exceeds 39 characters for the surname(s) and 30 characters for the given name(s).  
Non-Canadian in Canada 
Provide the original of one (1) of the following valid documents (photocopies are not accepted): 
Permanent Resident Card 
Protected Person Status Document 
Temporary Resident Permit 
Notice of Decision (NOD) from the Immigration and Refugee Board 
Citizenship and Immigration Canada Verification of Status (VOS) document 
The Record of Landing (IMM 1000) is not accepted as proof of immigration status in Canada.
Hours Mon-Fri 8:30 am-4:30 pm
Areas Served New Brunswick
Eligibility Ages: 1 year(s) - 99 year(s)
Application An application for a passport may be obtained: 
By downloading the on-line form; From any regional passport office; At any Canada Post outlet; From any Canadian mission outside Canada. 
The Canada Post outlet at 125 Rothesay Avenue in Saint John, New Brunswick, is now a Receiving Agent for the Passport Office. The joint program between Canada Post and the Passport Office makes the passport application process more accessible to all Canadians. The outlet's hours of operation are from 8 am-5 pm Mon-Fri. There is a $20 non-refundable convenience fee (plus tax) for this service, which is payable to Canada Post.
Languages English ; French
Fees Service ; Passport fees Adult (16 or over) - 5-year passport: C$120 / 10-year passport: C$160 
Child (0 to 15) - C$57
Location information
Located In Community Fredericton
Address & Map Frederick Square
77 Westmorland St, Ste 430
Fredericton, NB E3B 6Z3
View MapQuest Map
Accessibility Fully Accessible ; ***Note that accessibility is self-reported. Please contact the organization before arrival***
Other Details
Service Level (40) Federal Government
Service Categories Passports

Please Read This Important Information

The Human Development Council is committed to providing a database that is accurate, up-to-date and comprehensive. However, we are unable to assume any liability resulting from errors or omissions. Inclusion or omission of a program or service is not a comment on its quality. Please contact The Human Development Council to report concerns or to make suggestions.

Records in this database contain links to MapQuest and Google Maps which are provided as a convenience to the user. We cannot be held responsible for the accuracy of the maps provided by MapQuest or Google Maps and the user is urged to confirm the location independently.